As the weather starts to warm up, many homeowners will start to think about ways to get their gardens ready for summer. One important task that many people overlook is getting a garden hose pump. A good garden hose pump can make watering your plants much easier, and there are a number of different models available on the market. So, which one is the best garden hose pump for you
Watering your plants, washing your car, or showering your pets with trickling water are all examples of activities that take very little time and energy. Isn’t it aggravating? Many individuals live with it, despite the fact that they’ll need more time and effort to get the work done.
If you have adequate water pressure, doing all of those things will not only go quicker and easier, but it will also be more pleasant. All you need is a good garden hose pump.
In this article, we will take a look at 10 of the best garden hose pumps on the market and compare their features. We’ll also give you a few tips on what to look for when choosing a garden hose pump.
Read More: What Is a Sump Pump and How Do I Unclog It?
List of Best Garden Hose Pumps:
1. Wayne PLS100
- Outdoor Care - This 1 HP WAYNE model PLS100 outdoor lawn sprinkling pump is perfect to keep your garden...
- Tough And Durable - Corrosion-resistant and portable stainless-steel exterior. Safe and convenient on/off...
- Efficient Design - Fan cooled continuous-duty 120-volt motor draws water up to 20 ft. 1” NPT suction...
- Usage - Use the PLS100 to sprinkle lawns and gardens, and empty stock tanks. Designed to operate...
- 140 ft. of total dynamic head, maintains pressure up to 60 PSI
The Wayne PLS100 is a great garden hose pump that is perfect for homeowners who want a pump that is easy to use and reliable. This pump features a built-in pressure switch that automatically turns the pump on and off, so you don’t have to worry about having to constantly monitor it. It also has a thermal overload protection system that prevents the pump from overheating.
The Wayne PLS100 also has a built-in check valve that helps to prevent backflow, and it comes with a garden hose adapter so you can easily hook it up to your existing garden hose. This pump is designed for use with clean water only, so it’s not ideal for pumping dirty water.
The PLS100 has a powerful motor and can reach up to 775 GPH at 10 feet of elevation. You won’t have to worry about having enough hose, even if you have a hundred feet. Just be sure there are no kinks in the line.
- Can be used to suck water from 25′ below
- Max flow of 850 GPH
- Maintains pressure up to 60 psi
- Stainless steel housing
- Lightweight and portable
- Seals could be better
2. Shurflo Revolution Pump
- SHURFLO REVOLUTION 4008 SERIES PUMP - SHURflo's New Revolution fresh water pump design was created with a...
- Designed as the next legendary pump to exceed the expectations of our customers, the Revolution pump is...
- SHURflo's quality reputation has been built on the reliability and dependability of every pump we build
- The Revolution fresh water automatic demand pump is super quiet, thermally protected and can run dry...
- Dimensions: 4,90 inch x 8,10 inch x 4,30 inch; Flow Rate 3,0 GPM 115 VAC
The Shurflo Revolution Pump is a high-quality pump that is perfect for those who need a reliable and durable pump. This pump is designed to handle heavy-duty applications, making it perfect for use with garden hoses. It features a built-in check valve that helps to prevent backflow, and it also has a thermal protection switch that helps to protect the pump from overheating.
The pump’s minuscule size belies its ability to deliver up to 180 GPH. It’s just the right amount for a garden hose. It’s also available in 12V DC for RV and other remote uses.
The Shurflo Revolution Pump is a great choice for those who need a high-quality and durable garden hose pump.
- Responsive pressure switch
- Max flow of 180 GPM
- Shut off pressure: 55 psi
- Cut in pressure:f 40 psi
- Corrosion-resistant diaphragm
- Just enough power for a small garden
3. Green Expert 203618 Portable Pump
- 【Efficient Water Pump】High efficient PSC motor with steady flow channel structure produces 1/4 HP...
- 【Simple Plug-in/off Operation】Pump will be directly running when power on, removes water level down...
- 【Lightweight, Easy to Install&Use】Item weight: 8.3lb. The 25 feet long grounded waterproof cord with...
- 【Green and Tough Design】Environmental and ergonomics appearance can comfortably fit in your house...
- 【Safety Ensure and Customer First】Follows UL 778&746C standards for safety and 100% manufacturer...
This portable pump is perfect for anyone looking to move water around with ease. Whether you’re a gardener who needs to water their plants or you need to move some water from one spot to another, this pump is up for the task. It’s easy to use and lightweight, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
The Green Expert 203618 Portable Pump is powered by a 12-volt battery, so you’ll need to have one on hand before you can use it. Once you do, simply attach the pump to your garden hose and start pumping. The pump is capable of moving up to 1585 gallons of water per hour, so you can get the job done quickly.
One of the best features of this pump is that it’s self-priming, so you don’t have to worry about getting air in the lines. The pump also comes with a built-in check valve to prevent backflow, so you can be sure that your water stays where you want it.
- Great design
- Max flow of 1585 GPH
- 25′ long cord
- Comes with two fittings: 1 1/4″ and 3/4″
- Hose fittings can be more durable
Also Read: Best Sump Pump Alarms
4. Superior Pump Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump
- 1/4 HP Utility pump moves up to 1,800 gallons per hour; pump will lift water up to 25' of vertical height
- Tough thermoplastic construction; 10' cord length
- 1-1/4 inch NPT discharge for high capacity pumping; includes 3/4 inch garden hose adapter
- Removable suction screen and handles up to 1/8 inch solids
- Superior Pumps are Built to Last, engineered with quality components and are 100% factory tested
The Superior Pump Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump is a great option for those looking for a reliable and durable garden hose pump. This pump is made of thermoplastic, which makes it resistant to corrosion and wear. It also features an automatic on/off switch, so you don’t have to worry about turning it on or off. This pump also has built-in thermal overload protection, so it won’t overheat.
This garden hose pump is also very easy to use. Simply connect it to your garden hose and plug it into an outlet. It comes with a 6-foot power cord, so you don’t have to worry about reaching an outlet.
The T-1 is suitable for both private and commercial use, complete with a range of motor options to choose from. It’s available in 1/5, 1/4, and 1/2 HP versions, with the biggest moving up to 3300 GPH.
- Great construction
- Max flow of 1800 GPH (1/4 HP)
- Easy to clean the intake screen
- Available in 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, & 12V models
- Only 10′ cord length
6. WAYNE PC4 Multi-Purpose Pump
- This pump is Assembled in the USA with foreign and domestic parts.
- Generates up to 50 PSI at outlet hose; generates up to 15 ft. of suction lift at inlet hose.
- The product is highly durable and easy to use
- Easy installation and easy handling
The WAYNE PC4 Multi-purpose pump is a great choice for those looking for a versatile garden hose pump. It can be used to pump water, oil, and other liquids, making it a great option for a variety of tasks. It also has a built-in bypass valve, which allows you to easily switch between pumping and suction mode.
It’s made of cast iron, so there will be some rust after some time. However, if you’re using it for non-potable usage, it’s well worth the investment. It also comes with a strainer, so use a bigger hose on the suction side to prevent it from collapsing.
- Comes with a suction strainer
- 1600 GPH @ 10′
- Durable cast iron housing
- 3/4″ suction and discharge
- Cast iron may rust after some time
7. Honda WX10
The Honda WX10 is a top-of-the-line garden hose pump that is perfect for home use. It has a powerful engine that delivers 10 gallons per minute, making it perfect for quickly watering large areas. It also features an ergonomic design that makes it easy to use.
1″ pump, Lightweight Honda mini 4-stroke engine with a starting capacity of 37 gallons per minute, 13.4 pounds Weighs just 13.4 lbs., Garden hose adaptor, suction hose, clamps, and strainer supplied.
- Lightweight and portable
- Max flow of 32 GPM
- Max pressure of 52 psi
- 0.9 hr. at max discharge
- A bit expensive
Consider Another Guide: Best Effluent Pumps
Things To Consider Before Purchase:
When looking for a garden hose pump, it’s important to consider the tasks you’ll be using it for. Some pumps are better suited for moving water horizontally, while others are better at pumping water vertically.
Another important consideration is the size of the pump. If you have a large garden with lots of plants and trees that need watering, you’ll need a larger pump. But if you have a small garden or just a few potted plants, a smaller pump will suffice.
There are two types of garden hose pumps: those that run on electricity and those that are powered by batteries. Electric pumps are more powerful and can move more water, but they require an outlet to operate. Battery-powered pumps are more portable, but they may not have the same power as an electric pump.
When choosing a garden hose pump, it’s important to read the reviews to see what others think of the pump you’re considering. Pay attention to both the positive and negative reviews to get a well-rounded idea of the pump’s performance.
Choosing a pump that complements your garden hose is dependent on what you intend to use it for. A submersible is ideal if you want to drain water from the pool or a basin. It can remove water until there’s basically nothing left except a few drops. Similarly, if you need to empty a fish pond or aquarium, this type of pump will come in handy.
On the other hand, an inline garden hose pump is perfect for boosting water pressure. This means that if you live in an area with low water pressure, an inline garden hose pump can help solve the problem. In addition, inline pumps are also good for irrigation and transferring water from one place to another.
The next thing you need to consider is the horsepower of the garden hose pump. The rule of thumb is that the higher the horsepower, the more powerful the pump. A 1/2 HP pump is enough for most home uses such as watering the garden or washing the car. But if you need to transfer a large amount of water or you have a very big garden, then you might want to consider a higher horsepower pump.
Another important consideration is portability. Some garden hose pumps are designed to be portable so you can take them with you wherever you go. If you need a pump for occasional use, then a portable pump would be a good choice. But if you’re going to use the pump regularly, then you might want to opt for a more permanent solution.
4. Flow Rate
The flow rate is an important factor to consider when choosing a garden hose pump. This refers to the amount of water that the pump can move per minute. A higher flow rate means that the pump can move more water in a shorter amount of time. This is important if you need to transfer a large amount of water quickly.
5. Power Source
Garden hose pumps are either powered by electricity or by a gas engine. Electric pumps are more convenient to use but they need to be plugged into an outlet. Gas-powered pumps are more powerful and they’re not limited by a cord. However, they can be a bit more difficult to use and they produce emissions.
When choosing a garden hose pump, you also need to consider its durability. This is especially important if you’re going to use the pump regularly. Look for a pump that’s made from high-quality materials and that has a good reputation.
7. Ease of Use
Another important consideration is the ease of use. Some garden hose pumps are easier to use than others. If you’re not familiar with how to operate a pump, then you might want to choose one that’s easy to use.
8. Warranties and Guarantees
Finally, you should also consider the warranties and guarantees offered by the manufacturer. This will give you peace of mind in case something goes wrong with the pump.
Of course, you also need to consider your budget when choosing a garden hose pump. There is a wide range of prices to choose from so you should be able to find one that’s within your budget.
Garden hose pumps are a great way to get water where you need it without having to carry it. They can also be helpful in moving water from one spot to another, such as from a pond to your garden. In this article, we have taken a look at 6 of the best garden hose pumps on the market and compared their features. We have also given you a few tips on what to look for when choosing a garden hose pump.